You may have heard the term mobile friendly or responsive design floating around recently and might be wondering if you need to take the plunge and have your website redesigned with mobile users in mind.
Web technologies are always changing, but here are 3 reasons to redesign your website with a responsive design:
1. Cell phones are taking over the world.
The statistics are in from 2013 and it looks like there are a whole lot of people using their mobile phones to inform them about their purchases, according to this amazing infographic from supermonitoring.com below.
A few relevant highlights:
- By the end of 2013, there was more mobile devices on Earth than people.
- 50% of the average global mobile web users now use mobile as either their primary or exclusive means of going online.
- There are over 1.2 billion people accessing the web from their mobile devices.
- 80% of consumers plan to conduct mobile commerce in the next 12 months.
- 57% of users say they won’t recommend a business with a poorly designed mobile site.
- Not having a mobile optimized website is like closing your store one day each week.
These statistics speak for themselves; having a mobile friendly website can help you increase your bottom line.
2. It helps you get found online.
According to a recent article from exploreb2b.com, having a responsive website has a positive impact on your SEO and it is a recommendation from Google!
If you want your business to be found near the top of your potential customers online searches, having a mobile friendly website is the way to go.
3. It saves you money.
Instead of redesigning their website to be mobile-friendly, some companies choose to have a separate mobile website developed. There is no need to waste your money, when you can have an updated design that looks good on all devices.
Clicks & Mortar Websites is dedicated to making sure it’s clients have the most up-to-date web technologies used on their site. That is why we offer our customers a website redesign/refresh every three years at no extra cost, so that the next time Google comes out with a new recommendation or a new device is created, our customers don’t have to pay thousands of dollars to have a new website designed for their business. Five years ago, most of us couldn’t imagine that 1.2 billion people would be using mobile phones to surf the web! Don’t wait, go mobile-friendly today.
Josh is owner and lead developer at Clicks & Mortar Websites. He's an expert in designing and developing websites and loves helping other entreprenuers create a great first impression online. Learn more about working with Josh and his team here.