I was doing some online searches looking for a place nearby where I could rent an outdoor heater for a party we were having. I've never had the need for something like this before, so naturally the first place that I turned to was Google. I was pretty surprised at the huge opportunities for improvement for the websites that I've visited. Here's what I found, or I should say what I didn't find.
Naturally, I checked out the first few results. I didn't have a great experience with them and here's why:
- Outdated Design. The first thing that I noticed that most of the designs looked circa early 2000s. This was a big turn off to me, as a potential consumer.
- Lack of Mobile Friendliness. We've talked about the importance of this before. The main point is that it's very likely you're missing out on potential customers if people can't easily navigate your site on a mobile device.
- Missing Content/Product Inventory. I checked quite a few sites and only one of them had most of the information I needed. Some sites had pictures that were missing, while others had pictures but were missing descriptions. Numerous sites had quite a few categories of items for rent, but most of them didn't contain any information, just a "Coming Soon" page.
- Poor Font Choices. The variety of fonts used in a single page were numerous. The sizing and type used sometime made things hard to read.
I get it, as a small business owner, you're busy. You're wearing a bunch of different hats and you have a business to run and oftentimes the website isn't one of your top priorities. We get it. That's why we try to make having and maintaining a website as easy as possible to take that burden off of your shoulders. These are some of the things we can do for you:
- Never having an outdated design. Design and technology are always changing and sometimes it's hard to keep up with it. Our packages give you the option to redesign your site every 3 years without the additional cost. As a busy business owner, you'll have the peace of mind that your website is making a great first impression online.
- Mobile Friendliness. All of the sites that we build are mobile friendly from the start. We know how important it is for your visitors to have a great experience on your site from a mobile device.
- Content Updates. As part of your plan, you have time each month for our expert team to update your website for you. You can focus more on your business and leave the updates to us.
So you might be thinking, well that all sounds great but I probably can't afford to build a new website to address all these things. Maybe that used to be the case, but not anymore. We've designed our packages to spread out that cost for business owners, so that they can have the website that they need, at a price that they can afford. Contact us today and we can show you how you can have a functional and updated website without all the upfront costs.